Fatima
Looking for a book that can help me improve my knowledge about the spoken English, can you help me?
5
1
Hello Fatima, I would suggest the books by Sophie Kinsella. They light, fun and all take place in the here and now. They will help you learn colloquial English!
I liked Mastering the American Accent, by Lisa Mosjin M.A., with audio material.
You are right. I have thought of that but I need a book about "the spoken language rules"; for example, when I can stress a sound. The book you suggested seems interesting, I will look for it. Thank you
The trouble is a book is not spoken, it is written, so I suspect you are on a "fools errand". But, you might like "Scoop by Evelyn Waugh " which has some wonderful dialogue, where, as a native speaker, I have to read each phrase a few times to understand what the author is really trying to say...."up to a point" for instance is used to agree with a wealthy boss, when the speaker is really disagreeing with him.
Fatima
Arabic (Maghrebi), Arabic (Modern Standard), English, French, Spanish, Berber (Tamazight), Turkish
French, Spanish, Turkish