J. Ríos
Professional Teacher
Thrice How common is this word to you? because in all honesty, I have never heard of it before until now.
2017年10月28日 05:54
5
0
I have never heard it used in everyday speech, except as part of a quote, as in "Weave a circle round him thrice". As Gary said though, most people would understand you if you use it. Cone to think of it, I will start using it. It has such a mysterious sound.
2017年10月28日
Good question! In the US, it is common enough that most people know it but almost never use it. It sounds very old-fashioned, like from Shakespeare, and most people only use it as a joke. I would say "three times".
2017年10月28日
It's not common, but not really uncommon either. I think most people would know what it meant, or at least work it out. It sounds particularly good as 'once, twice, thrice'.
2017年10月28日
Anyone who has studied Shakespeare, or even seen a Shakespeare play, will be familiar with this word.
2017年10月28日
Oh gosh! I remeber someone once told me that this word existed, and still I had to check te meaning before recalling it XD It is not commonly used, is it?
2017年10月28日
J. Ríos
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Vietnamese
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Vietnamese