Mohamad
Difference between trip, travel and journey I wonder if someone can clarify these words' difference.
I don't have sure, if is that the only difference, but I think trip is a noun, travel is a verb and journey is the time it takes.
A travel is a quite generic term representing a shift from point A to point B And you can also travel in time A trip is usually a short travel, frequently related to a specific purpose, like business (business trip) or tourism (city trip) In a trip, you come back to your original point. A journey is usually for expressing the fact that it is a travel on a long distance and/or for a long duration, and/or that you need specific preparation E.g.: a journey to the south pole Please also note that you journey, you travel but you go on a trip (you can trip but it means something else)
Trip: The act of going to another place ( often for a short period of time) and returning. Example. * You're back from vacation! How was your trip? Travel: Going to another place (in general). Example: * I really like to travel. Journey: One piece of travel (going frim one place ti another) usually a long distance. Example: *The journey takes 3 hours by plane or 28 hours by bus. * He made the 200-mile journey by bike.
Mohamad
English, Persian (Farsi)