Moiz Rauf
How would you say "my brother and I are good tennis players" in MSA? This is one of the sentences I have in my study deck: My brother and I are good tennis players أَخِي وَ أَنَا لاَعِبِي تِنِسٍ جَيّدِينَ I am just wondering if this is correct? Shouldn't it be: اخي و أنا لاعبا تنس جيدان Since laa3iba onwards is the khabr, and it needs to match the mubtada in duality? I would appreciate any help! Moiz
I believe the second sentence is correct but not the first one. أخي و أنا لاعبا تنس جيدان( is the correct one) so here أخي is the subject "مبتدأ" And "لاعبا " is the predicate" خبر" And " جيدان" is the adjective" صفة" which must always follow the preceding noun. That's why it's " جيدان" not " جيدين"...
أخي وأنا لاعبا تنس جيدان ..هذه هي الجملة الصحيحة ..
أنا و اخي لاعبا تنس جيدان
From Glossika, I paid $90 for their sentences lol. So strange that they would have a mistake like this...
the first is wrong :/ from where did you get it
Moiz Rauf
Arabic, Arabic (Modern Standard), English, Urdu
Arabic (Modern Standard)