richard
Help with translation of a couple of Spanish phrases There are a couple of Spanish phrases in my reading book, which I am a little unsure of translating correctly into English Any help would be appreciated 1 Puedes espararme un momento, No tardo :- Does no tardo mean I wont be long? 2 Eso lo dices tu :- does it mean that is what you say/ you say that 3 Julio se pasa las manos por los ojos:- does it mean Julio puts his hands by his eyes 4 ?Te ocurre algo? :- does it mean is something happening to you? 5 Despues de irse Julio:- does it mean after Julio leaves or after leaving Julio 6 No ha sabido jugar su parte del plan :- does it mean She has not been able to play her part of the plan Many thanks Richard
3 Julio se pasa las manos por los ojos /Julio se frota los ojos -Julio rubs his eyes
1 Does no tardo mean I wont be long? YES 2 Eso lo dices tu . That's what you say.. ( Eso es lo que tú dices, está frase tiene más sentido) 3 does it mean Julio puts his hands by his eyes YES 4 or what's wrong? ¿Qué te pasa, o qué te ocurre? 5 Despues de irse Julio: after leaving Julio (at that moment) 6 does it mean She has not been able to play her part of the plan YES * It's no easy when you don't know the context of the situation.. ( sentences) :/ like: Why Julio se pasó la mano por los ojos? lol
1.- Es correcto 2.-Es correcto 3.-Es correcto 4.-Es correcto 5.- After Julio leaves 6.- Es correcto Your score is excelente!
richard
Spanish