Kelly Xu
“If I need a flat-screen TV from Best Buy,” she said, “you’re my man.”?? Saturday morning, we got up early to prepare for Vivian’s arrival. At 9:45, Alice finished the vacuuming, and I took the cinnamon rolls out of the oven. Without discussion, we had both slightly overdressed. When I stepped out of the bedroom in a button-down shirt and khakis I hadn’t worn in months, Alice laughed. “If I need a flat-screen TV from Best Buy,” she said, “you’re my man.” I would like to know what does '“If I need a flat-screen TV from Best Buy,” she said, “you’re my man.”' here mean. Thanks.
Nov 5, 2017 5:08 AM
It's a joke. Alice is saying that he looks like a salesperson at Best Buy, which is a store in the U.S. that sells things like TV's and computers. The salesmen there typically wear khaki pants (tan-colored, slightly-dressy cotton pants).
Kelly Xu