Foufe
"Whom" or "who"? "she was an uncivilized child (whom/who) was kept away from all human contact"

Which to use and why?

Hello foufe, I got this answer from an interesting website. "What is the difference between who and whom? Who is like he because it is used as the subject of a verb. For example: Who likes milk in tea? (Compare this with "He likes milk in tea.") Whom is like him because it is used as an object. (It is never the subject of a verb.) For example: Sarah saw whom on the bus? (Compare this with "Sarah saw him on the bus.")" I hope it helps!
Answer your own question using HE/SHE or HIM/HER. With regard to your sentence: Ask “Who was an uncivilized child?” If the answer is She, use WHO. If the answer is her, use WHOM. HE/SHE — — — WHO HIM/HER— — — WHOM E.g HE baked the cake. WHO baked the cake? He baked the cake for HER. For WHOM did he bake the cake? I hope this helps.
Foufe
Arabic, Arabic (Gulf), English, Hebrew, Persian (Farsi), Spanish
English, Hebrew, Persian (Farsi), Spanish