Julyxx
Can someone help me translate these love-quotes in Korean? Good day~ How do you say "I love you, but it's not enough to make you stay" (meaning: my love for you won't be enough to make you stay) in korean? and "The things I wanted to say to you, I guess I will keep them to myself now." My korean is still in the basic-level.. so I need some help here, heh Thanks in advance! Bye~Sorry, I meant to say "into korean" in the title.
Nov 21, 2017 1:28 AM
"I love you, but it's not enough to make you stay" -> 난 널 사랑해. 하지만 너를 머물러 있게할 정도로 충분하지는 않아. (meaning: my love for you won't be enough to make you stay) -> 너를 향한 나의 사랑은 너를 머물러 있게할 정도로 충분하지 않을거야. I am afraid that it is a literal translation. I have a question about the meaning. Does it mean that I really love you I can't explain how much I love you? Otherwise I can't help but I let you go because I don't deserve to love you?? "The things I wanted to say to you, I guess I will keep them to myself now."
Here are some different ways to write those sentences. "I love you, but it's not enough to make you stay" - 널 사랑하지만 그 때문에 네가 머물지는 않겠지. (plain) - (당신을) 사랑하지만 그 때문에 당신이 머물지는 않겠죠. (formal and poetic, like in a letter) - (당신을) 사랑하지만 그게 당신을 붙잡지는 못하겠지요. "The things I wanted to say to you, I guess I will keep them to myself now." - 네게 하고 싶었던 말들, 이젠 내 가슴에 남겨 두어야겠다. - (당신꼐) 하고 싶었던 말들, 이젠 제 가슴에 남겨 두어야겠네요. - (당신꼐) 하고 싶었던 말은 이제 가슴 속에 묻어 두어야겠네요.
Julyxx
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Korean
Korean