Maggie
question Shirley is still waiting for her flight to New York City AT the airport. Shirley is still waiting for her flight to New York City IN the airport. Question 1: Are both sentences correct? If not, could you tell me the difference between 'AT' and 'IN' in this case? Thank you :P Shirley is still waiting for her mother AT KFC. Shirley is still waiting for her mother IN KFC. Question 2: Are both sentences correct? If not, could you tell me the difference between 'AT' and 'IN' in this case?
I would say "Shirley is still waiting for her flight to New York City AT the airport. I would *not* say: Shirley is still waiting for her flight to New York City IN the airport. I would say: Shirley is still waiting for her mother AT KFC. I would *not* say: Shirley is still waiting for her mother IN KFC. *At is used for location. A person is AT the store, AT the airport, AT my mother's house *In is used for a specific part: IN line, IN the car, IN the bathroom
Good morning. well I'm nota sure, but in my opinion in the question 1 it's better to use "in" because the person is waiting inside the airport, right? And in the question 2, maybe both sentence are correct, but I would use "at" because the person is not necessarily waiting inside the place, could be waiting outside the place Just in front of. I Hope could help