Patrick Kim
My job is a teacher. Q1. 1) I'm a teacher. : It's a natutal sentence. 2) my job is teaching. : It's natural too, right? 3) my job is a teacher. : how about this? Is it as natural as above 1) ,2)? Q2. 1) I'm a doctor. 2) My job is ( ) 3) my job is a doctor. What should be in the blank to sound natural? My answer is (seeing a patient.) Is sentence 3) as natural as sentence 1)?
Nov 24, 2017 12:26 AM
Q1 1. Yes 2. Yes 3. Not very natural. Better is My job is teaching. Q2 1. your answer is going in the right direction, but a doctor would say 'treating patients'. 2. No 3 is not nearly as natural as 1
There is no standard equivalent to 'teaching' for a doctor. None of the options mentioned so far are correct. Not all doctors heal people, and not all doctors see patients either. But they are still doctors. If this is an English test or example, you should complain, as the question is flawed.
Q1 2. y 3. I'd say: I work as a teacher/ I'm a teacher instead of 3. Q2. 2. My job is treating patients. I specialise in treating patients with xxx disease. I specialise in xxx. My expertise is in xxx area. 3. I'm a doctor is more natural.
Patrick Kim