Naoki
A question about when writing English Compaund Adjectives I've sometimes seen that some native English speakers don't use hyphens when they write compound adjectives on the internet. I'm sure they don't put hyphens. Is that common?
Dec 5, 2017 1:09 AM
Many native English speakers have bad English skills, especially if they were educated in recent decades as the quality of of public school education (at least in the US) has steadily declined since I went through the system. (No offense to students or teachers as the fault lies mostly with government policy and lack of funding.) Anyway, the rule is to use a hyphen when the compound adjective occurs before the noun it modifies. If you omit the hyphen, it may change the meaning as illustrated in the first example here: http://www.grammar.cl/english/compound-adjectives.htm
December 5, 2017
Native English speakers don't use hyphens at all and most wouldn't be able to identify when they should or shouldn't use hyphens. This is probably because hyphens don't change the meaning of a sentence so they are simply not used.
December 5, 2017
*compound
December 5, 2017