Danyel
Which variant of English language is easier... Which variant of English language is easier: American English or British English (in its grammar and pronunciation). And why?
5
1
North American and British English are quite similar. There are slight differences in grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation in the "standard" broadcast dialects which are normally used at universities and in the workplace. Regional and social class dialects are supposedly more pronounced in Great Britain than in the US (according to my linguistics books). The North American pronunciation is slightly simpler because there are fewer vowels. The effort to learn the broadcast dialect of one or the other will be basically the same.
Nanren's right. Learn whatever one you have access to, but just know that there are always going to people with a different accent than the one you're learning, and that's okay
It seems that American English arose from a melting pot of people who had English as a second language. As such, it developed simplified grammar and spelling. While some might argue this is inappropriate, it is likely simpler. Easier to learn? The one you have better access to. There is no one British, or one American pronunciation. Both have many accents.
I am Canadian. A Canadian accent sounds a lot like the accent found in Hollywood films and a lot of social media. I cannot speak for non-native speakers, but I think I would find the English "r" sound at the end of words to be very difficult, as it is so soft.
Danyel
Belarusian, English, French, Russian, Ukrainian