- It is totally/completely/entirely different = One thing is different from another with nothing in common.
- It is A different story => The existing way, practice, or situation is irrelevant. It is a different situation now.
- It is the other way around => The way something is done/understood is wrong. The reverse is correct.
- It is the EXACT opposite / It is exactly the opposite. => Similar to "other way around", but it is precisely the opposite.
* "Apples and oranges are totally different. There is no connection or relationship of any kind between them".
* "There have been world wars, but now we have nuclear weapons. The next world war will be a different story."
* "Are the forest fires causing global warming?" " No, it's probably the other way around. Global warming is causing the fires ("the other way around" means opposite or in reverse, but it usually describes ordering, direction, or flow of logic)
* Did Mr Smith ask Mr Jones for help and Mr Jones declined?" "No. it's the exact opposite. Mr Jones asked and Mr Smith declined". (You can only say "exact opposite" to things that can be described with precision as in this example)