Alice
Each article or each one article or something else? I am writing a report and I want to say that "sixteen articles were from Canada, one article was from England, one was from Ghana, one was from Sweden, one was from Lebanon and one was from Pakistan." But, I think the sentence is really redundant or clumsy. Could I say ""sixteen articles were from Canada, (each) one article was from England, Ghana, Sweden, Lebanon and Pakistan". or what else do you recommend?
2018年8月5日 22:11
3
0
Sixteen from Canada, and one each from Ghana, England, Sweden etc. Also if the numbers from each were different, you could abbreviate the list as: sixteen from Canada, four from Rumania, two from Hungary, and one each from Bermuda, Sri Lanka and Surinam.
2018年8月5日
Thank you very much. That sounds much better. ^^
2018年8月6日
i would say Of the twenty-one articles (received/used/cited) sixteen were from Canada, the remaining five were from England, Ghana, Sweden, Lebanon and Pakistan. Hope this helps JD
2018年8月5日
Alice
English, Thai