Ali
I want to say this sentence more like a native. My heart bleeds for you that you didn't get a full eight hours sleep. If it is possible give me more examples using the idiom "My heart bleeds for you" (Sarcastically to show that, in fact, you do not feel any sympathy at all)
2
0
The phrase "My heart bleeds for you." is most often used as a stand alone sentence actually. It is almost always used ironically. I'd use it as a curt response when someone told you about the sleep when it was seen as being nitpicky. For example if someone stayed up late when they knew they needed sleep and said this: "I only got six hours of sleep last night." respond with: "Oh no... My heart bleeds for you..." The "Oh no..." part could be said either seriously are sarcastically depending on how you want to set the tone with the pause before the "My heart bleeds for you..." finish to add more impact. It might be easier to think of this like a joke when trying to say it fluently in regards to timing. A fake sigh thrown in might also add to this. It is hard to say because feeling "natural" here would in a way imply making it sound unnatural to get the point across properly. Keep in mind this is coming from a native American English speaker. English in the UK might want to sound more sincere entirely while making a mocking statement because dry wit is more common there.
I'd put it like My heart bleeds for you that would make you stay up all night. You gotta call 911 and rush him to the hospital rather just staying up! XD
Ali
English, Persian (Farsi), Portuguese
English, Portuguese