Ben
A question about an English sentence What's the meaning of 「You carry an incredible weight and hype on your metaphorical shoulders」 Is it a slang?? Tkx
That sentence is unnatural. A native speaker would not say that. "A (heavy) weight on my/your/his/her shoulders" means a person has an important responsibility.
This sounds unnatural. While "You carry a weight on your shoulders" is an expression implying a burden or responsibility, it can have "incredible" added as emphasis. The sentence is already metaphorical in nature, so add "metaphorical" in before shoulders almost seems that the sentence is intended to be sarcastic to me. It is hard to tell without context. The hype just doesn't fit in at all as carrying hype isn't even a phase I can think would be used. You'd "be hyped" or "hype up" but considering the somewhat contradictory nature when compared to the metaphor I'd say this is a bad translation error.