Here you are some ideas that reflects my own steps learning English, but valid for any language.
Low intensity program (or for very beginners):
- Use apps on your smartphone. Do it daily. Duolingo or Memrise might be good options to start.
- Listen to podcasts online or smartphone. There are some good resources too. Podclub have a good quality series and you can read the text while listening. And they have an app too.
- Read books intended for small children. Don't be ashamed. Also that books can be chalenging when you start your learning.
- Watch Spanish TV programs or movies with subtitles in your language.
Medium intensity program (or for intermediate students):
- Hire a teacher on Italki once a week
- Read books intended for teenagers. Get the same book in your own and your target language. Read a chapter in your language, then in Spanish.
- Watch Spanish TV programs with Spanish subtitles
High intensity program (or advanced learners):
- Keep hiring your teacher, why not?
- Have exchanges with different people from different places around the world. Different accents, vocabulary and culture will make it more exciting and interesting. Also, you will be forced to teach a bit your own language, that is an interesting thing.
- Read books aimed for adults, and avoid the use of dictionary as much as possible.
- Watch TV programs, news or movies without subtitles.
I hope it helps!