Ethan Lee
Grammar Check Is this sentence OK? "In case of any alterations of the credits after the application form is submitted, please come to the Office of Academic Affairs to make further clarification." Thank you!
7
0
I should have xaid, yes it is OK, but certainly not how a native speaker would say it. This is simpler. If you need to amend the credits on the application after submission, please advise the staff at the Office of Academic Affairs.
Thank you, Nate! Yes! That's pretty much it.
It looks grammatical to me. I always like to check to see if it makes sense by trying to explain what context I imagine the sentence came from. If I'm correct, then you can be pretty confident the sentence is conveying the intended meaning. I'm assuming that this sentence is part of a letter going out to students. The students are either transferring credits to your institution or maybe they are applying to take certain classes. These credits would be included in their application form. However, if there is something on that form that needs changing (change to the courses they wish to take - or some issue with transfer credits), they should go to the Office of Academic Affairs in order to discuss the changes or errors on the application form. If that's an accurate scenario, the sentence is perfect.
Ethan Lee
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Hakka), Chinese (Taiwanese), English