Apple
Do you think " I had a toast with sb " sounds weird ? Could you help check the two sentences for me ? Do they sound weird ? If so , how should I say it differently? 1. When it comes to an interesting experience, what occurs to me first is the trip to Canada . 2. At my grandpa's eighties ' birthday party , I had a toast with him and wished him a long life .
2
1
Hi Apple, I would say "...my trip to Canada" or "...the trip to Canada I took several years ago". Just replace "several years ago" with the appropriate time. "At my grandpa's eightieth birthday party, we made a toast to him and wished him a long life." Or you can say "...we drank a toast to him..." I would avoid saying "I toasted him". It sounds like you are putting him in the oven and browning him! Ask me if you have any other questions!
what first comes to mind is my trip to Canada I toasted him and...
Apple