Apple
Does the sentence sound natural " flowers don't last long "? Do these sentences all sound natural ? "Flowers don't last long ." "Flowers die easily ." " Flowers have a short life ." Thanks a lot !
Dear Apple, All of the sentences are natural and correct. You could also say "Flowers wilt quickly" meaning they droop after being cut. I really like the first sentence "flowers don't last long" - in grammar this is called 'negation'. In British English we often speak using negation, to say what something is not, rather than what it is, for example: "It isn't so sunny today" or "It's not too cold". I hope it helps :) Take care, Triss
Yes they do. There is a slight alternative to the third one. " Flowers have a short life ." - "Flowers have a short lifespan."
You could also say "Flowers wilt quickly" meaning they droop after being cut.
Hi, I think they all sound OK for everyday speech. I would maybe add something to make it more specific. For example- Cut flowers don't last long. Hope that helps :-)