Check out our updated Community
joe k
please teach me. on condition that 〜 providing that〜 provided that 〜 as long as 〜 they are same meaning?
I would say these have the same meaning. What the speaker chooses to say is personal preference and may be influenced by whom the speaker is talking to or what they are talking about. Example: "I will finish the introduction on the condition that you complete the conclusion." "I will finish the introduction, providing that you complete the conclusion." "I will finish the introduction, provided that you complete the conclusion." "I will finish the introduction as long as you complete the conclusion." Notice, in this sentence one can also substitute these phrases with "if." "I will finish the introduction if you complete the conclusion." As Long As - Examples: "As long as you drive, I am up for anything." "As long as it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll go on a run." In casual conversation, "as long as" is probably used more.
joe k