Ali
Which one of these two sentences can make me sound more like a native? 1. Once when I was a teenager, I got in trouble for driving my dad's car without a driver's license. 2. Once when I was a teenager, I got in trouble for driving my dad's car without a license.
11
0
Hi, Ali. They both sound natural to me. If I had to pick one I'd say the second sentence sounds just a little more natural.
They both sound natural. If it were me I would say: "When I was a teenager I got in trouble for driving my dad's car without a license."
What Alana said! It's also not necessary to say "driver's" because you already mentioned driving, so we know what kind of license you are talking about.
The second one, since you mentioned driving already in the sentence saying driver's licence sounds too formal. Hope this helps :)
Ali
English, Persian (Farsi), Portuguese
English, Portuguese