simba0722
I don't want it bad enough to,,,,,, I was wondering if a sentence below is correct. I'd appreciate it if you'd make it sounds natural. "I don't want that job bad enough to swallow my pride and play up to the boss to get it."
8 août 2018 00:10
3
0
It's absolutely fine apart from your using the adjective 'bad' in place of the adverb 'badly'. Erika's alternatives are also fine, subject to the same correction.
8 août 2018
Thank you so much for your comments and sentences that helps make me clear. I appreciate it.
8 août 2018
Maybe one of the following: "I don't want the job bad enough to swallow my pride and suck up to get it." "I don't want the job bad enough that I'd suck up to the boss to get it." "I don't want the job bad enough that I'd swallow my pride and suck up to get it." You may have noticed I changed "play up" to "suck up." I made this switch, because I am assuming you mean to do various tasks/favors for your current boss to be in his good favor, and therefore possibly sway his decision to give you the position. In this context (at least in America) we would say "suck up."
8 août 2018
simba0722