Check out our updated Community
jacob
what does the phrase بالای چشمت ابروست mean in Persian? I am trying to understand the Persian sentence that follows: کسی جرات نمی کرد به او بگوید بالای چشمت ابروست I understand most of the sentence, but do not exactly understand the expression at end of the sentence, i.e. بالای چشمت ابرواست Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
بالای چشمت ابروست literally means "there are eyebrows above someone's eyes", but as an idiom if you say "No one dared to tell him/her s/he has eyebrow above his/her eye" means "nobody dared to criticize him/her." or say anything else.
It means no one could tell him/her even the well-known and simple facts; cause they are arrogant or too sensitive.
Thank you to everyone who responded to my question! I appreciate it. I understand the sentence now.
It is an idiom. usually, every idiom is adapted from a story. for this one, I haven't heard the story but I guess it mentions that according to someone's sensitivity others cannot even say "there are eyebrows above her/his eyes" which is a fact.
it means nobody is allowed to bother her/him that if you did, you will be in a really big trouble :|||| they use it alot
jacob
English, Persian (Farsi)
Persian (Farsi)