Maggie
questions 'It's good,' she said. 'Now why don't you come inside and do me?' And before I could answer, the panties she had been wearing dropped in my lap in a little whisper of nylon. Afterward, lying in bed and eating oranges (a vice we later outgrew), I asked her: 'Good as in publishable?' 'Well,' she said, 'I don't know anything about the glamorous world of publishing, but I've been reading for pleasure all my life — Curious George was my first love, if you want to know — ' Question 1: In this case, afterward == after they made love? Question 2: Good as in publishable? --- the preposition ‘in’ + the adjective ‘publishable?’ ( What’s the meaning of ‘as in?’ )
question 1. = yes it means after they made love. question 2. = "as in" grammatically means "as in" +(the example here") "as in the film gone with the wind" = someone is comparing something with a scene from the film or the whole actual film/book. person one: "that film was very long and heavy going" person two: "yes as in war and peace" <- a very long film/book In your example as in is being used to ask a question "as in last night was good yes?, would people be interested in reading about it, if i published it, made it public?. wrote a book or sold the story of last night to a newspaper. Publishable= to make ready to be published. With the intention of publishing making public