sozi3040
would you please guide me? What is the difference between ( Do you like New York City or How do you like New York City)?I mean correct my sentence if I made a mistake here please
Both are correct. 'Do you like' is a closed question: the answer could be a simple yes or no, 'How do you like' is an open question which demands a more detailed answer. Generally, open questions help conversation to flow more freely, especially if you are meeting somebody for the first time and you or they are a bit shy.
When you say Do you like, you mean Are you like it or no? I like it. I don't like it. And when you say How do yo like it, it means to describe how and why you like it. For example, Yes, it is very nice. I like nature and i think that i have my favorite place already: Central Park. A little more to say.
Asking "Do you like...?" you expect yes or no answer, it's up to the person to add something else to his/her answer. Asking "How do you like...?" you expect to hear his/her opinion of the city.
..
what kind of guiding you ask for