emar
Call me for a meeting How would you say it ? I cannot see you today because my family called me for a meeting and it coincides with the time I arranged with you . Are" Call me for and coincide" correct in this context? Thank you
Simple answer = Yes, this is correct. There are other alternative ways of saying it, but this works perfectly in that it communicates what you want to say in a very clear and precise way.
"called me for a meeting" and "coincide" are too formal unless the context is business. In a business context, that is the correct formality. For less formal, I would recommend: I can't see you today because I have a family obligation at the same time we were supposed to meet. or I can't meet with you today because I've gotta go see my family. or Sorry, I accidentally double-booked (my calendar/agenda). Also, 'arranged' is good but I would suggest 'scheduled'.