Camilo Martins
What's difference between... What's the difference between: Over and on? under and below?
I would say over is above something like the moon is over the earth or he jumped over the fence. On often means something like, the cat is on the table or the pillow is on the bed . So it can means something is touching something else but also someone could say , I will see you on Saturday or I am on a diet. Under and below are similar. You could often use either and would be understood.Hope this helps. I'm not an expert.
An airplane is OVER your head. A hat is ON your head. A hat is OVER your eyes. An airplane is ON the runway. 'Over' can be used for a thing above another thing but not touching it. 'On' implies that the thing is sitting on another thing or attached. "Under" and "below" are nearly interchangeable. Neither implies that something is touching something. Only that it is beneath something.