Pelin
Is this sentence correct? Or, what do you say? (to start the car) Can you turn the ignition?
The answer to your question is yes; I turn the ignition every time I start my car. Sometimes the car doesn't start first time, so I have to turn it again. Nowadays some cars start by pushing a button; electric cars don't have an engine to start; nothing to 'ignite', but they still have the button. You might describe this button-press differently, but I don't think there's a consensus yet on how to do this. Funnily enough, we still talk about 'dialling a number' when we make a phone call, but it must be 20 years since I last saw a phone with a dial.
Start the car is a perfect sentence. Another way is: Crank the car up/crank up the car. :)
Good question :)
Put the key in the ignition and start the car.... Or just say Start the car Or... Turn the car on [emoji][emoji][emoji]