Ali
Can I use "no joke" as a way of saying I agree, you're right, that's true? Please give me some example sentences.
5
1
Saying "no joke" is one kind of local language.So please don't use this always.You use "ok I agree" or "I am with you" or "no problem". I hope you understand
No, you can't. Saying 'no joke' is a way of stressing the seriousness of something which might seem minor. Losing £1 is no joke if that is all you have. 'no kidding' literally means 'no joking' and is used to stress or remark on the truthfulness of something which seems surprising. I have eaten fifteen pizzas today, no kidding! Sometimes if somebody says something surprising, you might respond by saying "No kidding!" this might mean "wow, that's amazing, really!" which is close to what you were asking but, as Onkar Nath warns, you must use it carefully: it can also mean "wow, that's amazing, really?", questioning the truth of what was said. Use this only with people you know very well.
..
Ali
English, Persian (Farsi), Portuguese
English, Portuguese