Han
I've heard that some foreigners think Chinese people have long braids. i'm a Chinese person. I've heard that some foreigners think Chinese people still have long braids.really ? i just feel curious.
6
0
The only time I think of Chinese women and long braids is if I think of the rice water method that modern women use to grow long hair,as the yao women do as well :https://experthometips.com/the-secret-to-growing-the-longest-hair-in-the-world Maybe this is what foreigners refered to when they asked you?!
Interesting question. I'm German and in Europe we don't think that Chinese people have long braids (nor beards) haha.
Braid or beard? Confucius is depicted with a beard. Braids are for women only.
Tripe. Norms are always culturally dependent. The probablity of a long beard, for example, varies significantly with culture. . I'd guess there are lots of people who know little about China. Probably by now, most people with TV have seen multiple movies showing modern scenes from Shanghai, Hong Kong, and such, so probably know the dress styles are similar to other places. It may be that even some will recognise nomadic invaders by name.
i see. ha ha,but actually here are nobody want to have long braided hair.Because Chinese people never shaved their hair and with long pigtails before 1644.There was a strong nomad from the north who invaded China. They wanted to rule us but were afraid of assimilation into Chinese culture, so they massacred our ancestors unless we pigtails, shave our heads, put on their clothes and look like them This is indeed a disgrace to the Chinese people. But now ,whatever, it's a more open world :))
Han