Weiyang Luo
Is there a less formal word for "self-desctructive" Is there a less formal word for someone who feels hopeless and is not doing anything constructive. Like someone who just idles by day after day drinking, playing video games or smoking drugs without looking for a job because they feel hopeless after a failed relashionship, being dismissed from work etc. What adjective can be used to describe that kind of lifestyle? Thank you for helping. By the way I am not sure constructive is the best word for what I was describing. Is there another better word for doing positive things? Thanks again.
3
0
Good question! Self-destructive [you had a small spelling error] is being no good to yourself, but also kind of destroying yourself! This kind of behaviour is difficult to describe because emotions or opinions will often 'cloud' the language. For example - he's a good-for-nothing, he's a layabout, he's a lost cause, are all negative. Even 'he's a couch potato'!! Americans may say 'he's a deadbeat'. He's down-and-out? A bum?! I can't think of any more neutral words for this situation......Hope this helps a little! Thanks, Teacher Zowee :)
Self destroying Demolishing Cause yourself harm... What you gave as example could be described as harmful behavior, indiscipline,wrongful behavior I would say
Weiyang Luo