how to say let's imagine: I've missed some lessons at my school and now I have some tests I need to write. it's like my debts in study or something... how can I say it correctly? (I mean, what is the correct definition for "debts in school" (in study, I don't know)
Aug 10, 2018 11:01 AM
Answers · 4
We wouldn't call it debt, debt is most commonly money-related. For a generic term try "outstanding schoolwork" or simply "to catch up on studies". It's likely that UK schools will have their own name for it, like "study support sessions" or "extra learning", as schools are generally allowed to implement disciplinary programs as they see fit.
August 10, 2018
"How do I say this?" ("How to say..." is not a natural phrase. We need to hear a subject.) In your example, we say "I'm behind in my studies", or "I've fallen behind in my studies."
August 10, 2018
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!