Min
Can I say one sentence in the following three different ways? I would like to say one sentence in different ways, but I am not sure whether they are correct or not, please point out the incorrect usage if there is any. Thank you. (1) In 2000, sales of handheld games were close to 12 billion dollars, almost double the amount of console. (2) In 2000, sales of handheld games were close to 12 billion dollars, almost twice the amount of console. (3) In 2000, sales of handheld games were close to 12 billion dollars, almost twice as much as console.
All of those sound good. The only thing I would correct could be your use of the word console. If you mean console games vs handheld games, I would say "console games" just for a little added clarity. Does that make sense? Other wise the part you changed from sentence to sentence all mean the same thing and sound good.