Sylvia Gabriel
Community Tutor
Hindi conjunct question Hello, I have a question about Devanagari conjuncts. When using a conjunct with an न, I have seen the न written both as a dot and as a partially written letter. For example, हिंदी and हिन्दी Is there a difference? What is more common? (This could be totally wrong, but does it depend on the language? For example, हिंदी may be used in Hindi, but हिन्दी may be used in Nepali?) Thank you for any clarification!
5
1
हिंदी and हिन्दी- Both the spellings are correct and acceptable. Well, it's somewhat like the difference actually lies between real life and school life. In real life, we often come across both the spellings. In school, a Hindi student will never find हिन्दी written in any of the textbooks. As a student, we are always taught this spelling - " हिंदी " । So, I would suggest you to use "हिंदी" । (Nevertheless, both the spellings are correct.)
न या आधा न लगने से उच्चारण में कोई बदलाव नहीं आता है|
If you are interested in learning Hindi language I'd glad to help you to learn Hindi.
No change. Both are used equally.
Sylvia Gabriel
Arabic (Levantine), Arabic (Modern Standard), Bengali, English, German, American Sign Language (ASL), Spanish
Arabic (Levantine), Bengali, German, American Sign Language (ASL), Spanish