Joey Black
Fed or full Are these words interchangeable in the following phrase? I'm fed. I'm full. Note: I don't mean any subtext or metaphor. Literally, it means "I don't want to eat now". Note 2: No, I'm not talking about "fed up" construction.
No! I'm fed - I've never heard anyone say this. You might say, "I have fed the baby." OR, "I have fed the chickens." Would you like another piece of pie? No thanks, I'm full, really. :) Oh no, I'm full up. Maybe later. Well, no. I've had enough thanks. It was delicious though.
No, they are not interchangeable. The closest to "I'm full" would be "I have been fed" or maybe "I am fed by __" (but that sounds weird). It's not the same because you can say "the dog has been fed", as you have just given him food, but he might still be hungry.
No, they are not interchangeable. Although their meanings are very similar, "I'm full." is more commonly used in actual conversation than "I'm fed." which is almost never used. If you're looking for a way to say you don't want to eat now in response to someone asking you if you want to eat, "I'm good." or "I'm fine." are the most common ways to say that.