Мария
how to say "fix the way I look like"? well, I know my question is confusing, but now I'll explain everything using the example. imagine that I put on the T-shirt, jeans and jacket. I'm going to walk with my friend. and suddenly she says: "your sleeves look scruffy, "fix" them". so I'm looking for a term which means something like "to remove a position of any piece of clothing in the previous one, also make it look tidy and attractive again"... thank you very much if you understood my explanation and tried to give an answer!
other phrases maybe
"fix" is not a bad starting point. You could also try "sort them out". There are certainly more specific terms, depending on the exact nature of the problem, but "fix" would cover most of them.
Hello there! Yes, there are a lot of phrases to say this type of thing. 1. To sort yourself out. 2. To neaten yourself 3. To adjust your shirt/blouse/trousers 4. To fix yourself up (can also be used for makeup) 5. To spruce up your appearance 6. To smarten yourself up. 7. To make yourself presentable (this is my favourite) 8. To tidy yourself 9. To make yourself sleeker 10. To primp up your appearance Hope this helps! Nicholas