Moonlight
What does this sentence mean? "Working backwards means it’s OK to take on that big, scary project, because if it doesn’t work out, that doesn’t mean you personally failed."
I assume this is a quote from the following article (since it is word for word): https://www.themuse.com/advice/4-ways-successful-people-stop-caring-what-other-people-think The article claims that most people define themselves by their work, and thus when they fail at work they feel bad about themselves. The author is suggesting that we don't do that, though (that is, don't define ourselves by our work). So the phrase "working backwards" (which I think is the trickiest part of this sentence) in this context means "not allowing your work to define you." Or to put it another way, "Thinking backwards about your work from how you normally think about it." I admit this is a very strange way to word this, even for a native English speaker. But it is possible to make sense of it in the context of the full article. I hope that helps!
I think this needs more context. It’s pretty confusing.
I guess this means Dont be afraid to involve in a complicated or tough project because if you fail to finish it you would not be the only one scince every other person might fail
I honestly have no idea and I am very fluent in English. I'm college educated (in medicine) but have taken creative writing courses as well as courses in political science and this example sentence is very confusing.