Ethan
How do I order a coffee if I were in an english-spoken country? How do I order coffee if I were in an english-spoken country? Can you teach me some useful expressions to help me order a satisfying coffee? Thank you so much
The usual way to order anything is to say "Can I have ....?" or "Could I have ....?". You could add 'Please' at the end to be extra polite. The simplest way to ask for coffee with milk is to say "Could I have a white coffee, please?". If there's a list of different coffees on the menu, you might see the word 'latte' ( pronounced 'lattay' - from the Italian word for 'milk') or cappuccino (pronounced cap-uh-chee-no), which is a frothy coffee with whipped milk. Some cafes offer extras like cream, chocolate or marshmallows on top. You don't need to say whether you want sugar, as there are usually sachets of sugar available to add as you wish when you've received your drink.
That completely depends on your personal tastes, there are a lot of options when it comes to coffee. If you prefer your coffee unsweetened and black, you'd ask for something like an "espresso" (which is a small amount of black coffee). I prefer a sweeter taste, and I like chocolate, so I always get a mocha. If we have a better idea of what you like we can give a more precise answer :) Generally what you say will just be "Could I have a ______ please?"
Thank you! Actually I want to cover any kind of coffee, especially the sugar part and milk part. Or could you share your routine with me. Sorry for not being specific.
Tell us how you take your coffee and we'll tell you how to ask for it. How do you like it? Strong? Weak? With or without milk? Btw: It should be "English-speaking country" (not spoken)