Jordana
Help(please) Hi, there Could you just tell me two things? Should you say “I feel that politicians want all the people to just screw themselves” or “I feel that politicians want the whole/entire people to just screw themselves” And “No politicians are honest”, “No politician is honest” or “Not one/a politician is honest”? Among THESE options, which ones are right? Please
CORRECT; “I feel that politicians want all the people to just screw themselves.” INCORRECT: “I feel that politicians want the whole/entire people to just screw themselves.” People is an irregular plural. It is treated the same as other plurals. Just as you would not say, “I feel that politicians want the whole/entire countries to just screw themselves,” you cannot use people with 'entire' or 'whole'. 'Whole' and 'entire' are used with singular and noncountable nouns. CORRECT: “I feel that politicians want the whole/entire world to just screw themselves.” CORRECT: “I feel that politicians want the whole/entire population to just screw themselves.” You may use 'all' with people. CORRECT: “I feel that politicians want all the people to just screw themselves.” CORRECT: “No politicians are honest.”, CORRECT: “No politician is honest.” CORRECT: “Not one politician is honest.” This sounds like an interesting conversation you're engaged in. :)