Andy Moreno
When writing in Japanese, is the style important? I'm wondering if I have to make the slashes at the end of the Hiragana characters. Also is there a correct way to draw the characters? Will i be burned at the stake for making the dash before the hook in い for example?
4
0
Do not forget that for the writing of hiragana, katakana and kanji, there is an determinated order. After learning that order, if you want to add your own style to your letter, it is optional, it will be your writting style based on the pattern.
No one will burn you except some very traditional people. But from my experience, learning Hiragana with the traditional writing system makes your Hiragana look better. If you are to learn Hiragana, you might as well learn the stroke order in a way that give you extra respect if you understand what I mean :) Good luck with your studies!
Andy Moreno
Japanese