nokaze
I have a question —Have you known Dr.Jackson for a long time? —Yes, since she___ the Chinese Society. A. has joined B. joins C.had joined D.joined I know D is correct, but why A is wrong? Can I also say 'since she has joined the Chinese Society'?
No, you can't use a present perfect here. Of the four options, 'joined' (past simple) is the only possible answer. The speaker is using a time phrase beginning with 'since xx' to specify WHEN he or she first met Dr Jackson. The reply could be "since 2008" or "since last March" or "since we were children". These are all specific points in time. The past simple tells us when something happened; the present perfect does not. This is why A is wrong.
The question is in the present perfect, prolly it is a good idea to answer in the present perfect as well, so my guess is A - since she has joined the Chinese Society
Yes, you can use either one.