Mohit
Plz tell me the meaning of the word from this quote? The tree laden with fruits always bends low. If you wish to be great, be lowly and meek. I want to understand the meaning of "lowly" and "meek".....I did search on internet but im not able to understand exactly what does it mean in this quote....plz explain in simple lang. and in detail. Thanks in Advance!
2
0
In simple words, it means to be humble and submissive.
It means that you should not be showy, bold, obvious, arrogant. You shoudl not imply you are better than others (high). . It's basic premise seems to be take an analogue for what you want to be, then try to look not like what you want to be, but like the analogue. . Big cats run fast, so to run fast look like a cat. ? No, even that is too directly ralated. . Need an analogue. . Run like the wind. So if you want to run fast, look like wind. .Might be arguable. . It might be argued that the authour mistakes vivid metaphore for causal reason. The inaccurate reasoning, does not necessarily invalidate the direction.
Mohit
English, Hindi