Rustam
"Has she ever been IN Russia" or "Has she ever been TO Russia"??? IN or TO? explain me please
5
0
"Has she ever been TO Russia?" The "have been to + place" construct in the present perfect tense, that says that you have visited a certain place and you possibly will/could visit it again, is always used with "to". On the other hand, you would use "in" in most other sentences (in other tenses), like "I live in Russia" or "I was in Russia five years ago".
Hi Rustam, "Been" is the participle of both GO and BE. 1. When you use the preposition "to", that means GO. For example "I've been to Ireland" ( it means I went to Ireland and I'm back now) 2. When you use "in" that means BE or LIVE. For example: "I've been in Spain for 5 years" ( I am still in Spain). 3. GONE is also the past participle of GO. "She's gone to Ireland" ( she's left and she's not back yet)
Has she been to Russia.
”Has she ever been to Russia?" "to" is the best word to use in this sentence. "in" is not wrong, though.
to. it would be, "has she ever been to Russia".
Rustam
English, Russian, Tajik