Мария
how do I say this... after a quarrel or even a row with my friend, I have a "sludge" inside me. even if we reconciled, something inside would whisper that our friendship isn't as good as it used to be. what word instead of "sludge" suits in this situation?
15
0
"Sludge"! What a lovely concept! I don't think there is an equivalent in English. You might say that the quarrel had soured your relationship.
Personally, I think sludge is wonderfully expressive of that icky feeling you have after a fight with a friend. I'd try to keep it, but maybe support it by rearranging the sentence like this: after a quarrel or even a row with my friend, even if we reconcile, something dark and heavy like sludge is left behind in me, something that whispers that our friendship isn't as good as it used to be.
There is a spelling mistake its not raw its row. Raw means uncooked. I would use the word "doubt" It's happened to me I once had a disagreement with a friend and it left a doubt in my mind that he really was a friend.
to carry/have/hold a grudge against someone -a feeling of dislike for someone because you cannot forget that they harmed you in the past
no, I mean another thing. like yes, we've reconciled, but I don't feel really happy about it. something unpleasant left inside and doesn't go away
Мария