Gert-Jan
how would you translate this sentence to english 我了解這個句子,但是我想要翻譯到英文的時候,就完全不知道該怎麼翻譯。你們能幫我一下嗎? English: I understand this sentence, but I don't know how to translate it to English. Can someone help me? 好面子,總是有意識無意識的通過微信傳達自己過的不錯,混的不錯,吃的玩的夠檔次,秀自己的幸福優質生活。 I copied this from a website. I think the 的 is used wrong in this sentence?
20
0
The usage of 的 is correct since it is used as a possessive and not as a "degree of the state of things or actions". 吃的好 = Those that are edible is good vs 吃得好, eat well enough; i.e. the degree of eating well. Here 秀 is a loanword for "show". I had another interpretation if you did not clue me in that this is taken from the internet! 面子 = face as in "giving face". 好 (hǎo) 面子 can mean good at giving face but also can be "thick skinned" (can also be a sarcasm). However, when 好 (hào) functions as a verb, the meaning changes to "have a tendency, prone to etc). "Being showy whether consiously or not, through WeChat, revealed that my life is not so bad. The company I kept; what I ate or played are good enough of quality. This is how I show my happiness and a good quality of life."
的is a right usage in this sentence. 好面子here means someone regards his/her reputation as a very important thing and dissimulates something that doesn't want to show you. They show this on Wechat Moment to satisfy their vanities. But the 面子has the other explanations that depends on the situation. Sorry i made a mistake and can't cancel this !
Always think of "your face", and used to show off your life style, social status, alluring food and venues via Wechat. I do not know a word for 面子. So I just translate this word directly. I think the word has a close meaning to 面子 is embarrass. I hope that would help.
[emoji]
[emoji]
Gert-Jan
Chinese (Mandarin), Dutch, English, Japanese, Norwegian
Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese