Ali
What does this mean? A: What was I saying? B: You were saying how much you liked spaghetti. I don't understand what does s/he mean about "how much you liked spaghetti". Did s/he like spaghetti, but now s/he hates eating spaghetti? or Is s/he talking about a spaghetti that s/he ate at a hotel or a restaurant?
4
0
"Talking about how much you like spaghetti" means "you were telling me about the fact that you really like spaghetti as a food in general"
If I understood properly,

Person A said "what was I saying?"

And Person B said "you were saying how much you liked spaghetti"

So you want to know why Person B said "how much you liked spaghetti"?

It seems Person A was talking about spaghetti but for some reason he/she forgot what he/she was talking about.

So all Person B was doing was reminding Person A about what he/she was talking about. Person B wasn't making a statement about her/himself.

I would say that she likes in general, she always liked it... However all depends of the context of the conversation.
None of them. How much u like spagetti = spagettiyi ne kadr çok sevdiğinden bahsediyordun demek.
Ali
English, Persian (Farsi), Portuguese
English, Portuguese