Neal
得 VS 地 Hey!

I've been revising this grammar topic for ages but I can't still use these particles confidently. I know the structures:

V + 得 + Adj. / Adj. + 地 + V

I've also read that when the action was completed or it's a repeatable one, we use 得. When we describe a single action (in the past, present or future), we use 地. But there are still some doubts about using these particles. For example:

今天我认真地学习了。- Today I studied very hard.

今天我学得很认真

Am I right that there are no difference? 地 + 了 — single, but completed action, while 得 is used just to describe how that action was done.

One more example:

今天我在比赛看见了一个人。他很快地跑步。— I tell a story about going to the competition where I saw a runner who ran fast. I don't know if he ALWAYS rans fast but I describe with 地 what I saw during the competition.

虽然我爷爷六十岁,但是跑得很快。— In this case I evaluate how my gradpa runs IN GENERAL with 得.

And the last one:

他给我们快乐地唱了一个歌儿。

She sang a song happily. If I use 得 it would mean that she ALWAYS sing happily.

Am I right?

6
0
今天我在比赛看见一个人,他很快地跑。 ---》 今天看比赛时,我看见有个人跑得很快。
All r correct
得 can also plus noun 入得厨房,出得厅堂 得 can also plus noun n adv 你们既入得山来,想走可就没那么容易了。
I think the difference between "得" and "地" lays on which part you emphasize. 今天我认真地学习了。"地" emphasizes "learn," while "得" in the sentence 今天我学得很认真 focus on "hard". So, I think it is better to translate the sentence "I went to a competition where I saw a runner who ran fast." into "我去看比赛时,发现一个人(选手)跑得很快。" Because you want to emphasize "fast", right? 虽然我爷爷六十岁,但是跑得很快。This one is correct, but it could be more natural like "虽然我爷爷六十岁了,但是他跑得很快"。 For the last sentence, I do not think it is right that "得" means "ALWAYS". Still, as an native speaker, it seems the most important thing in "她快乐地给我们唱了一首歌" is that she SANG for us. While “得” is not very appropriate here if you want say "She sang a song happily." or "she ALWAYS sing happily."
Neal
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Russian, Spanish
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Spanish