Berny
Question What does "so take heart" mean?
5
0
Hey Bernie, I shall provide you with information regarding the meaning of the expression ''take heart''. * 'Take heart' means to 'be confident/brave''; people usually say it in order to encourage someone to 'be more hopeful'. This idiom uses the word 'heart' in the sense of 'courage'. E.g.: ''Take heart — you're not alone!'' E.g.: ''Take heart, we may still win this game.'' ** Note: If you 'take heart from' something, it makes you feel happier or more hopeful. E.g.: ''I hope that you will take heart from what we told you today.'' E.g.: ''Even though he did not win the race, I should believe that he took heart from the fact that he did his best.'' E.g.: ''The government can take heart from the results of the latest opinion polls.'' Hope that helps!!! (Did you take heart from the details of my explanation? :)
Telling someone to "take heart" is like telling them to be brave and to have courage. It's basically the same as saying "don't be discouraged." Hope this helps!
Berny
English, French, Spanish