Kate
Me and... OR ... and me Hello! Is there any difference between "Me and my friends" and "My friends and me" - as a caption to a photo, not a part of a sentence We were taught in school to only use the second option, but I never understood why, is it more polite?
It is actually more appropriate to say "My friends and I." That's the way I was taught growing up, as a native English speaker.
If you would say "I went to the shop", then say "My friends and I went to the shop". If you would say It fell on me", then say "It fell on me and my friends". . I - subject Me - object . As Matt says: Why "my friends and I" rather than "I and my friends", sorry no clue, just know that it is always so.
My friends and I. This is a common mistake for native English people so any would be OK. Or say Friends. And nothing else as it is a photo caption.